Sunday 4 November 2012

Travelog Haji - Signing off - Fate of Ummah


We are about to leave Mekah for Jeddah. Our hajj is now complete. We pray to Allah that our Hajj is accepted as mabrur. Leaving this holy land I cannot help but reflect and summed up my experience with this word....what has happened to this once great ummah. What has made us to sink to this pathethic state. Why so much difference betwen THEN and NOW. It reminds me of a hadith during the last days of the prophet during his farewell prayer to the martyr of Uhud....... “I am to precede you and I have been made witness upon you. By Allâh, you will meet me at the ‘Fountain’ very soon. I have been given the keys of worldly treasures. By Allâh, I do not fear for you that you will turn polytheists after me. But I do fear that acquisition of worldly riches should entice you to strike one another’s neck.” . With this hadith I am leaving Mecca with tears in my eyes and sadness in my heart. Wassalam.Travelog Haji - Signing Off

No comments:

Post a Comment